You find yourself with all his Battlestar Galactica DVDs and stuck with that life-sized Stormtrooper and hey, posted in your ref calendar is that cosplay event this weekend – yet you simply love all of it just because it’s his. So now that you are ready for that #mayforever, you are looking for ways on how to keep him – for good. That’s why i’m here, I’ll be sharing with you some of the tips I learned from mine. 🙂
- Communication is (always) key. – Just like in any relationship you should be able to speak your mind about what, where, why, when and how you like things done in your relationship. Never ask him to read between the lines because chances are he’ll just give you a blank stare hence you will end up frustrated all the time. Be direct and tell him exactly what you want and exactly what it means.
- Learn to listen to his interests and relate to it. – When he shows you that Youtube videos about tanks fighting, game reviews, and that tutorial of that new gadget he’s been eyeing on for months now – be genuinely interested. He is opening up to you and treat it as a privilege cause that actually means you have earned his trust. Sometimes, what he shows you are actually quite interesting. You learn something new everyday.
- Try not to hurt his feelings. – He can be very sensitive, trust me. Try not to comment on his gaming skills or tell him that ‘you’ve-been-playing-all-day-why-not-try-to-help-around-the-house‘ or simply interjecting on his knowledge about computers. He is usually very passionate so don’t go around bursting his bubble. Remember that his passion for whatever it is he is into actually translates to the way he handles his relationship. Treasure the affection he is giving you cause rest assure that the appreciation he has for you is incomparable. Know that sensitivity equals romantics, don’t all girls want that?
- Always give him his needed alone time. – This is actually a healthy process and necessary for any type of relationship to work. Giving him space to finish that game he just bought yesterday will in turn result to him coming with you to the parlor and waits for 5 hours just to get your hair done. No complaints, whatsoever. It’s a give and take relationship – see it’s very healthy?
- Remind him about intimacy. – He will never forget your special dates – monthsaries, anniversaries, first kiss, first dates etc. but sometimes you have to wrap your arms around him and remind him that intimacy is available. It does not necessarily mean that he is uninterested if you don’t get some in a week (if you know what i mean), it’s just that he is too engrossed in that Startrek series he’s been waiting to complete for ages. Once you were able to lure him away from the computer..fireworks that’s what’s next.
- Celebrate your common ground.– If you like to read Nicholas Sparks novels and he loves his Dungeons and Dragons books,let him sit on the couch and lay your head on his lap while reading together. Thanks to Game of Thrones and Walking dead marathon you have those great date nights. Watching his Macross anime series after you’ve watched two Ghibli movies makes those long weekends the best. You will be able to share great moments together by doing what each of you likes to do most. It’s a win-win.
- Teach him about life. – You might have nabbed that shy and inexperienced guy out of his comfort zone so do teach him a little about life, and learn together. Go to places you’ve both never been to. Try and go on different adventures like parasailing or do that longest zip-line and climb mountains. You may just simply stroll in a mall and go to hobby shops and surprise him with those model tanks or giant model ships (if you can afford it) or just go to the beach and let time pass you by doing nothing together. Let him know that there is a great big world out there which you both can share as a couple. Cause if you are dating an ‘almost’ geeky guy, i’m pretty sure you are both in it for the long haul.
- Lastly, and the most important of all – love him unconditionally as he does you.
#MayForever right? 🙂
*This article is inspired by the boyfriend. 🙂